Monday, June 15, 2009

Miami Beach










Just wanted to talk about my recent trip to Miami beach, I was not impressed, that is why I have neglected to write about it. But here goes nothing. Most things were highly over priced, from old Art Deco hotels to very expensive restaurants. After leaving we concluded that we could have spent our 10 days at another location and got more bang for our buck, which is what we all want. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott and was so disappointed from the get go. Our room that was given to us was over looking the busy street and the hotels master air conditioning unit, what an ugly sight. I would never settle for such an unsightly view on my vacation (and neither should you), so down to the front desk I go. I will have to say that they were very unhelpful, and somewhat rude. They magically found me an ocean view room when I pulled out my phone and said that I would just find a different hotel. The hotel staff would then stare at me when ever I passed by the front desk after that, very uncomfortable so needless to say I will never stay there again and would never recommend it to anyone. I would give this hotel a rating of 3 out of 10, it would get a three only because of it's central location and tiki bar. The name of this hotel is the Courtyard by Marriott Miami beach Oceanfront, Address is 3925 Collins Avenue, avoid it if you can. This hotel is not nice like other Marriott's, it was purchased by Marriott and has not been brought to Marriott's standards that I know and love. Save yourself the 199.00 a night and sleep elsewhere If you can.

One thing I did love on this trip to Miami beach was the beach, it is beautiful. I love collecting sea shell and this stretch of beach did not disappoint.


While in Miami we decided to have dinner at the very famous Joe's Stone crab, can you say rip off? I don't know about you but if I am going to give a restaurant a good rating I should not feel like I got fleeced when I left out the door. Joe's is a nice place to say the least, with tuxedo clad waiters who wait in the corners for you to look their way needing something, we liked that part. The part we didn't care for was the price tag of our fairly simple meal a whopping 180.00 plus tip, ouch.The crab was good but not 180 dollars good if you know what I mean. Where I'm from I can get two pounds of Alaskan king crab for 24.99 and no tip necessary.


One of the only highlights of our Miami trip was a city tour that we took. I highly recommend taking a tour like this. Miami is a big place and to see points of interest you do need a guide. Our tour was a land and water. We were able to see where little Havana is, and went to domino park there. This is the park where you have to be 65 years old or older even play. We also visited a cigar factory there and they had any kind if cigar you could imagine. On the boat portion of this tour we were taken to see houses of famous people, dead and alive. All in all our Miami trip was ok but I don't see a need to go back anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment