Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vacation or Staycation


The economy is hurting every one but we all still love traveling and going places but really just can't justify it right now? well here is an idea try, a staycation, similar to a vacation except you don't leave home. Crazy you say, well sort of but let me please explain before you call me crazy. A staycation is a vacation in which you stay home and do things around home or close to home. You do things that you maybe have not taken the time to do that you always wanted to do that is close to home. Having a hard time of thinking of what to do? let me give you a few suggestions to get you started. First of all it you are going to try this staycation thing you need to do a little planning. I would start out by making a list of all of the things in your area that sound interesting to you. For example in the area that I live we have an abundance of waterfalls, hiking trails, lakes and rivers, national parks art museums and many other cultural things that could be added to your list. You should also check online to see what festivals or shows that are taking place in your area at the time of your staycation. I recently attended a jazz festival in our area that was really close to home and was free, yes free. That brings me to my next point. a staycation can be a very inexpensive thing to do. Just make sure you put all of the free things to do at the top of your list. Another thing that I like to do is make lunch my big meal of the day, we all know that lunches are much cheaper than dinners will ever be therefor you will save a bundle by adopting this practice. I really think staycations are perfect for everyone and will become very, very popular in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment