Monday, August 3, 2009

I Love Seattle






My family and I spent this past weekend in Seattle Washington which is only about a three hour drive north from where I live now. We wanted a quick weekend getaway to just go somewhere and hangout together, Seattle fit the bill perfectly. I started planning about two weeks in advance. I purchased tickets online for a city tour call Duck tours. This is not your ordinary boring city tour. What's cool about this tour is that it takes place in an old amphibious war vehicle built by women that drives on the city streets and then they drive you right into Puget Sound, which is a huge deep body of water that is in and around the great city of Seattle. I had heard about this tour from a few friends who happen to live in Seattle and it came highly recommended by all. I thought it was a fun and informative tour but the drivers were a little silly and annoying for me, but hey who am I to say that you won't love all the loud silliness of this tour. The real highlight for me was the part where they pulled you up to a boat ramp at a marina and then just drove right into the water. I must say it was kind of weird because vehicles usually don't go into water at least not the ones that I drive. But I will say for 25.00 per person it was worth it. Catch a duck tour if you can.



While we were killing time waiting for our tour we visited the rock and roll museum there at the space needle. I thought some of the exhibits we great and I learned a ton about Jimmy Hendrix and his tragic life. There is a whole wing devoted to him and his music. The rest of the exhibits were just so so. I felt they could have done so much better putting it together. So for this one I would say save your money, it cost 45.00 for admission for 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment