Sunday, May 24, 2009

No Cancun

My plans were all made, hotel booked, flight, check. I was so ready for my 10 day dream Mexican vacation then the swine flu hype blew it all to hell. I was all ready to go to my sunny Cancun wonderland and then I saw it. Saw what you say? The T.V. news with all of the hype and gloom and doom about the swine flu. I had to laugh or I would have broke down crying. Just my stupid luck. No I was not in the least bit afraid of contracting the swine flu because in my line of work I have been thrown up on, spit upon, sat in stuff no one could readily identify, my first year on my current job I was sick for almost the whole time. So the Swine flu didn't scare me hell, I think I already had it and just didn't know it. I was afraid of getting to Mexico and then have my very own media obsessed country close the boarders and then I would be stuck in Mexico for who knows how long. So to make a long story short I changed my plans and decided to stay in the good ole U.S of A. and head to Miami, Big mistake. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment